Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Directions

 I have been watching with growing alarm the US Presidential race. My view is that if the Right prevails, we will be in for a long and dark winter on the environmental front. Mr. Romney's pledge to crank up the rate of offshore drilling, fracking and coal exploitation says it all.

And that's my cue to explain today's post heading. For the next while (and perhaps the next LONG while), I'll use this site as a forum for the Newest Direction my life has taken.

I believe in the power of the democratic system, as messy as it sometimes can be, and when I learned that a single candidate was running in a By-Election for a local Town Council seat, I decided to throw my hat into the ring. The people of my small town have the right to choose who will represent them at the local political level, and by enterning the race, I am giving them that choice.

My campaign will be my first public "outing" of the forces that drive me, and it will be interesting to see if the people in this small corner of Canada will endorse my views.   I believe that I have the insights, the integrity and the intensity to engage in a little world-shaping at the level of my current "locus of control".  Let the games begin...